Engaging in community and society development
IRPC new vision to be a leading Eco Industrial Company has led to a process development according to Eco Industrial Concept.
Corporate citizenship and philanthropic activities are guided by the CSR strategy, which focuses on various matters, for example, local economy development, health and safety of the community. All these matters have been thoroughly analyzed and defined as materiality for IRPC, which need to be addressed. Each matter is prioritized based on the importance and urgency, which would be used as guidance for corporate citizenship and philanthropic activities. IRPC categorizes CSR programs into 3 themes; include building sustainable environment, improving education and strengthening community. IRPC develops its CSR initiatives in alignment with UN Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs) and Business Drivers in order to leverage the strength of its business and society.
In 2016, our main CSR priorities are Health and Safety from IRPC Product, Education and Life Quality Improvement. Please find the details of each priority and its alignment with SDGs and Business Drivers as below:
||Aligning with business drivers
||Example of CSR initiatives
|Health and Safety from IRPC Products
||Due to changes in global trend that is becoming more concern on products and services that are environmental friendly and customers are becoming health conscious. Therefore, IRPC is turning its focus to Product and service improvement in order to address those requirements, which can improve quality of living.
||- From Bench to CommunityIRPC takes part in Mobile Prostheses Foundation Unit and donates plastic grains - an innovative product from IRPC, in contribution to prostheses production
- Innovative Product for Environment and Consumer Safety
IRPC has conducted researches and developed products that meet the
customer's need, based on our attentive to the environment and consumer safety with our products are such as Green ABS, Natural color, Wood plastic
composite, Anti-bacteria agent etc.
||IRPC have realized the importance of education and strives to promote development of education system to build human resource for society and for the country by supporting several projects, such as 1 for 9 Programs, Moderate Class More Knowledge, and IRPC Cubic Academy
||- 1 for 9 Program
IRPC developed innovative education by leveraging its potential and readiness to develop
- IRPC Cubic Academy IRPC established IRPC Cubic Academy providing six training courses for students consist of employee and interested participants
- Occupational Training to Women IRPC joined hand with the Business and Professional Women's Association of Thailand, provide 50 courses of occupational training to woman inmates at Thanya Buri Women Correctional
|Life Quality Improvement
||IRPC has a strong collaboration to improve quality of life for communities around IRPC Industrial Zone and promote self-sufficient economy concept to the communities via various projects.
||- Lam Sai Yong Model Project This project aims to promoting the economy of local community by developing water resources management system
- Health Promotion Funds for the Communities Surrounding IRPC IRPC has 3 projects to support medical necessity of communities around IRPC Industrial Zone: Mobile Clinic for Communities; Pan Nam Jai Clinic; and Health Checkup and Public Health Surveillance Program
||IRPC works with Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment in several projects to protect natural resources and environment.
||- Herb Rehabilitation This project is aimed for propagation of herbs, wild orchids, and wild flowers in the nature by reforestation of these trees in Phu Lank National Park under the auspices of the Department of National Parks, Wildlife and Plant
- Commercial Plants Preservation This project is to collect and plant local tree species in the forest of Don Joan, Baan Nong Yang, Lam Sai Yong Sub District, Buriram Province with the help from the Forest Research and Development Bureau, Royal Forest Department
- IRPC Eco-industrial Zone IRPC is committed to become the eco-industrial zone under the 5 years development and strategic plan between years 2013 - 2017. The scheme is projected to be a template for development in Rayong province.
For more information, please visit:
- Annual Report 2016, Corporate Responsibility Section, page 177-201
- Sustainability Report 2016, Contribution to Society Section, page 60-67
1. Eco Industrial Concept
IRPC new vision to be a leading Eco Industrial Company has led to a process development according to Eco Industrial Concept. IRPC has been chosen to be one of five models of Eco Industrial Concept practicing by the Department of Industrial Work. “IRPC and the Eco Industrial Concept Plans” (IRPC-EIZ) proposes to educate the concerning people to the essential of becoming Eco Industrial Zone by utilizing the maximize usage on limited amount of natural resources, the waste reduction and pollution. The new eco-friendly technology is designed to higher the industrial management standard to reach the global standard.
2. CSR in Process
The organization enhances the CSR according to UN Global Compact. The CSR-is-Process become the guideline for practicing Corporate Social Responsibility. Developing and improving the production is invested to increase the production, also to be responsible to the society and the environment. The major project is Upstream Project for Hygiene and Value Add Products (UHV). The investment costs 39,600 million bahts. This project adds more value to heavy oils and decreases the sulfur dioxide since the heavy oils is no longer needed in industrial productions for other industrial factories. The project is considered uppermost value add. Muang Rayong combined Heat and Power Project costs 13,400 million baht.
The project is to generate stream power, and electric power by using the natural gas with the Dry Low Nox Burner technology which complete the combustion process. The exhaust contains low polluted air. Both UHV and CHP II projects are still under construction which are planned to be launched by 2015 for UHV and 2017 for CHP II.
3. Social Development Annually social development projects according to “Happy Rayong”
- Annual Community Scholarship 2014 – IRPC has constantly granted Annual Community Scholarship. In 2014, the scholarships were granted to students with outstanding performance & behavior yet lack of financial support who is selected by the leader of community. The scholarships are divided for 3 recipients; primary students, secondary students and undergrad students. On 27th of October 2014, 74 scholarships worth of 616,000 baht were given out at Nong Khaw temple. On 29th of October 2014, 215 scholarships worth of 1,793,000 baht were given out at Plauk Kaet temple. The total of 289 scholarships are worth 2,409,000 baht.
- IRPC holds religious event of presenting robes to monks at the end of Buddhist Lent IRPC has developed a tradition to annually hold religious ceremonies at temples around its plants to strengthen the relationships between community, government organizations and private organizations. In 2014, IRPC hold 15 religious ceremonies in different temples. IRPC was the host for Kathin Ceremony for 3 times and was co-host for 12 times.
- Establish “Vidyasirimedhi Institute”- Rayong Advanced Institute of Science and Technology Project. Establish Kamnoetwit Science Academy. IRPC and PTT have joined to establish science and technology institute, aimed to become excellent institute of science research which will be open in 2015.
- IRPC Technological (IRPCT) College - IRPC and PTT Group have come to an agreement to provide curriculums comprised of theory and practical studies, where students will learn theory in class and apply those into practice in a real working environment at the company in PTT Group. IPRC has initiated the program to improve the skills to be already equipped to work at IRPC and also to address the future needs in the labor market.
For more information on IRPCT courses, please visit http://www.irpct.ac.th/ (available in Thai only) or IRPCT’s Value to Society
- Strategic Communication To ensure the environmental impact awareness of industrial enterprise to the community and society. The organization has means to communicate with the stakeholders and people through following projects.
- Open House is one of means to communicate with the community by letting people to visit and to oversee the process inside the plant to provide knowledge and to ensure the plant’s management and investment. The visitors are students, bureaucrats, leader of community and press. In 2014, IRPC has held 15 Open House for 630 visitors.
- IRPC’s Community Learning Network Center and IRPC’s Community Relationship Development have provided conference room, shops, community, Clinic Pan Nam Chai, and holidays’ activities. There were total of 34,857 participants. In 2014, 8,549 people has participated in weekend activities, one road show activity and 110 people has participated in Rayong Fruit Festival.
- In 2014, 4,495 people have participated in IRPC plant visitation
- Communicating with the community is the project that convey message from the organization to the public by publishing travel journal for air plane passengers in order to creating a mutual understanding and advertise the cooperation of youth, the society and the employees. The aim for this project is to realize on practicing community activities is easy. The organization has gained new partners from Prostheses Foundation and expected more new partners to join.