The Board set directions and policies concerning social responsibilities, while having Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) strategic campaigns included in IRPC’s five-year strategy. An emphasis is placed on value co-creation between IRPC and stakeholders, which is respected as guidelines for the management and staff as well as subsidiaries in doing their CSR work. The guidelines can be summarized as follows:
- Basing business conduct on corporate governance with a focus on integrity, fairness, transparency, and accountability, taking into account the benefit for stakeholders as well as fair treatment for all stakeholders.
- Conducting the business with fairness, avoiding any action that may trigger conflicts of interest, while promoting free trade without infringement on intellectual property or copyright. IRPC promotes anti-corruption and anti-graft by establishing an efficient whistleblowing process together with anti-corruption risk assessment, under which risks from doing CSR projects are included.
- Respecting the internationally accepted human rights principle, the foundation for human resource development as well as treatment for customers and business partners.
- Taking responsibilities for consumers through control, development, and improvement of safety standards of products and services. IRPC provides accurate and sufficient information for consumers. However, it keeps consumers’ data confidential, except with prior permission from the consumer to disclose such information.
- Engaging in social and community development. Examinations, corrections, and improvements are encouraged to prevent the business or projects from producing negative impacts, directly or indirectly, on communities and society. Support is also given to projects or activities intended for the benefit of society or the environment by making use of skills, knowledge, and resources within the organization.
- Taking care of the environment through appropriate environmental management with regular monitoring and assessment. Promotion is given to efficient use of resources with standard energy-saving method, reuse of resources, development of products and services without environmental impacts but are safe for use. Emergency response is prepared for dealing with potential environmental problems.
- Doing an innovative business that can not only provide benefit, while raising competitiveness and value for IRPC, but can also benefit target groups, such as innovation in plastic products with anti-bacterial agents, which are good for consumers’ hygiene.
- Making social and environmental reports under internationally accepted formats, and disclosing information regarding society and the environment to all stakeholders. IRPC assigns leaders of all business groups to give cooperation and encourage staff to drive this policy to success.
2. Management System/Process
Guided by CSR Strategy, IRPC’s Corporate citizenship and philanthropic activities focuses on various matters, for example, local economy development, health and safety of the community. All these matters have been thoroughly analyzed and defined as materiality for IRPC, which need to be addressed. Each matter is prioritized based on the importance and urgency, which would be used as guidance for corporate citizenship and philanthropic activities. The policy is introduced to promote the concept of CSR as a guideline for the organization and subsidiaries.
Engaging in community and society development
IRPC new vision to be a leading Eco Industrial Company
has led to a process development according to Eco Industrial Concept.
Corporate citizenship and philanthropic activities are guided by the CSR strategy, which focuses on various matters, for example, local economy development, health and safety of the community. All these matters have been thoroughly analyzed and defined as materiality for IRPC, which need to be addressed. Each matter is prioritized based on the importance and urgency, which would be used as guidance for corporate citizenship and philanthropic activities. IRPC categorizes CSR programs into 3 themes; include building sustainable environment, improving education and strengthening community. IRPC develops its CSR initiatives in alignment with UN Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs) and Business Drivers in order to leverage the strength of its business and society.
IRPC has led CSR projects and strengthen community relations in 2017 through prioritizing educational developments, livelihood enhancement, product development for the health and safety of our customers and sustainable environmental development. Description of our projects and alignment with SDGs and business goals are as follows:
|Topic||SDG Alignment||Alignment with|
Business, Social, and
|Examples of Selected CSR Projects|
|Educational developments||IRPC values the importance of a good education, and has supported educational development projects to create quality individuals for the country.||KVIS & VISTECIRPC has joined with PTT group to promote research and development in science and technology which allowing competitiveness in human capability of Thailand’s workforce and providing opportunity for local students in education. IRPC and PTT Group support to establish Kamnoetvidya Science Academy (KVIS) for talented students in science and math. Vidyasirimedhi Institute of Science and Technology (VISTEC) is a higher education institute that offers Science and Technology degrees. Both educational institutes locate in Rayong Province.|
Academic ScholarshipsIRPC supports educational attainment for students from distant communities to ensure that quality education is attainable even for children living in rural areas. It is our hope that these children will apply what they learn to lead development in their communities as well. IRPC awards academic scholarships for primary school students, secondary school students, and university students. IRPC has allocated 3 scholarships per village. 2017 marks the 9th year that IRPC has been distributing academic scholarships.
|Livelihood Enhancement||IRPC collaborates with various agencies to organize projects to enhance community livelihoods. IRPC upholds the principles of the Philosophy of Sufficiency Economy (PSE) in all our projects.||Lam Sai Yong Model IRPC is determined to drive sustainable management of water resources to support the economic activities of the local community. In 2017, IRPC has set up a piping system that covers 1.2 km at the Don Jone Forest Reservoir at Nong Yang Village, Lam Sai Yong District, Nang Rong Area, Buriram Province. This piping system is made from HDPE plastics and a solar-powered pump, and will significantly improve water storage capacities. During flooding season, floodwater will be piped to the Don Jone Forest Reservoir for storage. Additionally, IRPC has planned to use this project as a model to be replicated for the development of water management in other agricultural areas, especially in the Northeast where communities often face water scarcity and issues in water storage.|
Community Health Funds for Areas Surrounding the Operation IRPC has supported the health and growth of communities in Rayong Province through initiating a variety of health projects and funds in different communities. In 2017, these projects totaled 6 million THB and included:
|Product development for the health and safety of customers||IRPC is determined to develop its products and services to be environmentally friendly and to increase health and safety for the betterment of customers’ livelihoods.||Prosthetic legsIRPC has organized a project to create prosthetic legs under the Royal project, and has donated plastic to the Prostheses Foundation of HRH the Princess Mother in order to support the livelihoods of the disabled.|
|Sustainable Environmental Development||IRPC collaborates with government agencies to achieve sustainable environmental development.|
Restoration, Conservation, and Protection of Mangrove Forests as learning sites for Rayong residentsOur Polystyrene Factory (PS) has organized the project “Restoration, Conservation, and Protection of Mangrove Forests as learning sites for Rayong residents” through using plastic remains from eco-friendly products to create a sand platform for a viewing area. Visitors will be able to observe fish nurseries and other aspects of the mangrove forests. This project covers 63 rais and IRPC has planted
For more information, please Download:
Type of Philanthropic Activities in FY 2018
Remark: *Employee volunteering during paid working hours
**Product or services donations, projects/partnerships or similar