The Board set directions and policies concerning social responsibilities, while having Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) strategic campaigns included in IRPC’s five-year strategy. An emphasis is placed on value co-creation between IRPC and stakeholders, which is respected as guidelines for the management and staff as well as subsidiaries in doing their CSR work. The guidelines can be summarized as follows:
- Basing business conduct on corporate governance with a focus on integrity, fairness, transparency, and accountability, taking into account the benefit for stakeholders as well as fair treatment for all stakeholders.
- Conducting the business with fairness, avoiding any action that may trigger conflicts of interest, while promoting free trade without infringement on intellectual property or copyright. IRPC promotes anti-corruption and anti-graft by establishing an efficient whistleblowing process together with anti-corruption risk assessment, under which risks from doing CSR projects are included.
- Respecting the internationally accepted human rights principle, the foundation for human resource development as well as treatment for customers and business partners.
- Taking responsibilities for consumers through control, development, and improvement of safety standards of products and services. IRPC provides accurate and sufficient information for consumers. However, it keeps consumers’ data confidential, except with prior permission from the consumer to disclose such information.
- Engaging in social and community development. Examinations, corrections, and improvements are encouraged to prevent the business or projects from producing negative impacts, directly or indirectly, on communities and society. Support is also given to projects or activities intended for the benefit of society or the environment by making use of skills, knowledge, and resources within the organization.
- Taking care of the environment through appropriate environmental management with regular monitoring and assessment. Promotion is given to efficient use of resources with standard energy-saving method, reuse of resources, development of products and services without environmental impacts but are safe for use. Emergency response is prepared for dealing with potential environmental problems.
- Doing an innovative business that can not only provide benefit, while raising competitiveness and value for IRPC, but can also benefit target groups, such as innovation in plastic products with anti-bacterial agents, which are good for consumers’ hygiene.
- Making social and environmental reports under internationally accepted formats, and disclosing information regarding society and the environment to all stakeholders. IRPC assigns leaders of all business groups to give cooperation and encourage staff to drive this policy to success.
2. Management System/Process
Guided by CSR Strategy, IRPC’s Corporate citizenship and philanthropic activities focuses on various matters, for example, local economy development, health and safety of the community. All these matters have been thoroughly analyzed and defined as materiality for IRPC, which need to be addressed. Each matter is prioritized based on the importance and urgency, which would be used as guidance for corporate citizenship and philanthropic activities. The policy is introduced to promote the concept of CSR as a guideline for the organization and subsidiaries.
Engaging in community and society development
IRPC new vision to be a leading Eco Industrial Company
has led to a process development according to Eco Industrial Concept.
Corporate citizenship and philanthropic activities are guided by the CSR strategy, which focuses on various matters, for example, local economy development, health and safety of the community. All these matters have been thoroughly analyzed and defined as materiality for IRPC, which need to be addressed. Each matter is prioritized based on the importance and urgency, which would be used as guidance for corporate citizenship and philanthropic activities. IRPC categorizes CSR programs into 3 themes; include building sustainable environment, improving education and strengthening community. IRPC develops its CSR initiatives in alignment with UN Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs) and Business Drivers in order to leverage the strength of its business and society.
IRPC’s Corporate Social Responsibility Strategy
IRPC has led CSR projects in 2019 through categorizing projects into 3 types, 1. Community projects, 2. Educational projects, and 3. Social development projects
Business, Social, and
|Examples of Selected CSR Projects|
|Educational Projects||IRPC values the importance of a good education, and has supported educational development projects to create quality individuals for the country.||Academic Scholarships IRPC supports educational attainment for students from distant communities to ensure that quality education is attainable even for children living in rural areas. It is our hope that these children will apply what they learn to lead development in their communities as well. IRPC awards academic scholarships for primary school students, secondary school students, and university students.|
|Social Development Projects||IRPC collaborates with various agencies to organize projects to enhance community livelihoods. IRPC upholds the principles of the Philosophy of Sufficiency Economy (PSE) in all our projects.||Lam Sai Yong Model aims to enhance the potential of agricultural community to address water scarcity and elevate the living quality of agricultural communities in remote area, becoming the strong foundation in Thai agricultural sector. The success of Lam Sai Yong Model in Lam Sai Yong, Nang Rong, Buriram, has resulting replication and implementation in Uttaradit and Sisaket. In 2019, IRPC implemented this model in other 2 areas|
|Community Projects||IRPC is determined to develop its products and services to be environmentally friendly and to increase health and safety for the betterment of customers’ livelihoods.||Community Health Funds for Areas Surrounding the Operation IRPC has supported the health and growth of communities in Rayong Province through initiating a variety of health projects and funds in different communities.|
Type of Philanthropic Activities in FY 2019